Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Building Fitness Fun into a Busy Lifestyle



     I would work out but...
     I would go for a run but...
   
     I would write this blogpost but...

     I get it.  A job.  Kids.  The spouse.  The commute.  Where and how can we find time for the world to witness our fitness?  

     We've all been there.  Knowing that we need to get out there and be more active but...something always comes up.  Or there are the days when we just. don't. feel. like it.

    In this week's post, I'm taking you all on a run with me!  (Pardon the shoddy camera work, I was my own film crew, director and stuntman).  Along the way, I'll share some tips on how to build fun into your fitness and build fitness into a busy schedule.

Tip #1:
Exercise is a ritual.  Find a way to build it into your day.  I usually find a place to go on my way      home from work.  Here I am at McKinney Roughs Nature Park.



Tip #2:  Enjoy the scenery and find your ease.  Here's how I do it:


                                 Public Service Announcement:  Relax!
Tip #3:
Build in a Reward.  You're working hard.  Pay yourself for the effort :-)


Tip #4:
Mix it up.  Take advantage of your environment.  

Awaken the spirit of adventure!

Tip #5:
Revisit Tip #1.  Build your workout into your commute.  If you live close...you can run or bike to work!  And...always keep some workout gear in your car.  


Happy trails, my friends!  Share how you build fitness into your schedule and we'll give you a shoutout on the Facebook page!
Love you all.
-Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment